Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection consists of a few letters of correspondence to Agnes Mary Frances Robinson Duclaux, Henry James, and Thomas Sargent Perry, circa mid 1880s and undated.
The collection contains letters to Violet Paget, copies of letters from Paget, and one manuscript in book by her husband, Eugene Lee-Hamilton.
The collection consists of correspondence, primarily to mother Matilda Paget, half-sister Violet Paget, and other literary or social acquaintances; a typsecript compilation of letters (including some by Violet Paget)dated 1870-1871; manuscripts, documents pertaining to his diplomatic career, and first appearances, 1866-1905.
The collection contains many letters of late 1950s-1960s to Richard Cary of Colby Special Collections explaining Martin's correspondence to literary and artistic figures of the day, some of the letters themselves, and a group of postcards.
The collection comprises working files, dissertation materials, photographs, personal documents and artifacts, published reference materials, and accruals by and about Eileen Curran, a librarian, professor of English, and authority on Victorian-Era British literature and periodicals, born in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Subject: Literature -- History and criticism X
- Colby College Special Collections 5
- Colby College Archives 1
- Letters 5
- Poetry 4
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Book reviewing -- United States 1
- British Literature 1
- Colby College 1
- Editors -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Fine Arts 1
- Languages and Literature 1
- Maine 1
- Photographs 1
- Research 1
- Social Life and Customs 1 + ∧ less
- Lee, Vernon, 1856-1935 2
- Lee-Hamilton, Eugene, 1845-1907 2
- Paget, Violet, 1856-1935 2
- Perry, Thomas Sargeant, 1845-1928 2
- Blunt, Wilfrid Scawen, 1840-1922 1
- Canby, Henry Seidel, 1878-1961 1
- Cary, Richard, 1909-1990 1
- Cockerell, Sidney Carlyle, Sir, 1867-1962 1
- Connolly, James B. (James Brendan), 1868-1957 1
- Crowest, Frederick James, 1850-1927 1
- Holdsworth, Annie E., 1860-1917 1
- Housman, Laurence, 1865-1959 1
- James, Henry, 1843-1916 1
- Lang, Andrew, 1844-1912 1
- Martin, Grace Mountcastle, 1892-1968 1
- Nivison, Ruth (Robinson), 1890-1971 1
- Paget, Matilda (Adams), 1815–1896 1
- Robinson, A. Mary F. (Agnes Mary Frances) , 1857-1914 1
- Tarkington, Booth, 1869-1946 1 + ∧ less
Special Collections & Archives (SC&A), located in Miller Library, is the college’s repository for historically and culturally -significant materials, including the college archives. Our fabulous materials range in date from the 12th to the 21st centuries and represent a wide range of formats. We fully support Colby’s academic program and innovative pedagogies through aspirational collection development, faculty and student engagement, teaching and exhibition.