Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The collection comprises correspondence, scrapbooks, printed materials, photographs, and clippings by and about Alfred Eliab Buck, a Civil War soldier, politician, businessman, and diplomatic Minister to Japan, born in Foxcroft, Maine.
This collection contains correspondence, personal documents, manuscripts, artifacts, and clippings on Charles Henry Smith, Colby class of 1856, Colonel of the 1st Maine Cavalry during the Civil War, who was active in campaigns in Virginia and at Gettysburg. He served in the Army until his retirement in 1891, and was also a lawyer and a Maine State Senator (1866).
This collection contains correspondence, personal documents, manuscripts, and clippings on Francis Snow Hesseltine, Colby class of 1863, a Lieutenant Colonel of the 13th Maine Infantry during the Civil War who received the Congressional Medal of Honor, and who was later an attorney in Georgia, Massachusetts, and Maine.
The collection contains letters, documents, and photographs of Merriam and his family, especially the post-Civil War period.
The collection contains materials by and about Louise Helen Coburn, including correspondence regarding the coeducation debate at Colby College, and original poetry written by Coburn.
The Low Collection contains various materials gathered about Mary Low Carver, the first woman to graduate from Colby College in 1875. Low was active in protesting the formation of a separate women's division at Colby in the 1890's.
This collection includes correspondence,coursework, biographical information and account books of Minerva E. Leland. The bulk of the collection consists of letters written by Leland to various correspondents btween 1867 and 1905. The collection also contains materials belonging to friends and relatives of Leland, such as letters and account books.
The collection comprises correspondence, scrapbooks, printed materials, photographs, written essays and schoolwork, and clippings by and about the Perry Family, of which three members, James Gleason, George W., and Wilder Washington are Colby alumni.
- Subject: Colby College. College Archives X
- Colby College -- Alumni and alumnae 9
- Photographs 9
- Newspaper clippings 7
- Colby College 5
- Maine 5
- Manuscripts 5
- Military and War 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Colby College -- History -- 19th Century -- Correspondence 4
- Coeducation 3
- Education 3
- Education of women -- History 3
- Sigma Kappa Sorority -- Maine -- Waterville -- History 3
- Waterville (Me.) 3
- Clippings 2
- Government, Politics, Law 2
- Bangor (Me.) 1
- Brazil 1
- Colby College -- Programs 1 + ∧ less
- Carver, Mary Low, 1850-1926 2
- Chamberlain, Joshua Lawrence, 1828-1914 2
- Coburn, Louise Helen, 1856-1949 2
- Hale, Eugene, 1836-1918 2
- Hall, Edward W. (Edward Winslow), 1840-1910 2
- Marriner, Ernest Cummings, 1891-1983 2
- Ord, Edward Otho Cresap, 1818-1883 2
- Parmenter, Hattie M. , fl. 1900 2
- Alfond, Dorothy, 1916-2005 1
- Alfond, Harold, 1914-2007 1
- Bangs, Isaac S. (Isaac Sparrow), 1831-1903 1
- Boutelle, Charles A. (Charles Addison), 1839-1901 1
- Brown, Bertha L. 1
- Buck, Alfred Eliab, 1832–1902 1
- Buck, Ellen B. 1
- Burleigh, Edwin C. (Edwin Chick), 1843-1916 1
- Butler, Nathaniel 1
- Caffens, Mary 1
- Carver, Ruby, Mrs. (Ruby D.H. Emerson) 1
- Coburn, Charles Miller 1 + ∧ less
Special Collections & Archives (SC&A), located in Miller Library, is the college’s repository for historically and culturally -significant materials, including the college archives. Our fabulous materials range in date from the 12th to the 21st centuries and represent a wide range of formats. We fully support Colby’s academic program and innovative pedagogies through aspirational collection development, faculty and student engagement, teaching and exhibition.