Hall, Edward W. (Edward Winslow), 1840-1910
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains correspondence, personal documents, manuscripts, artifacts, and clippings on Charles Henry Smith, Colby class of 1856, Colonel of the 1st Maine Cavalry during the Civil War, who was active in campaigns in Virginia and at Gettysburg. He served in the Army until his retirement in 1891, and was also a lawyer and a Maine State Senator (1866).
This collection includes correspondence,coursework, biographical information and account books of Minerva E. Leland. The bulk of the collection consists of letters written by Leland to various correspondents btween 1867 and 1905. The collection also contains materials belonging to friends and relatives of Leland, such as letters and account books.
- Collection 2
- Archival Object 1
- Colby College -- Alumni and alumnae 2
- Colby College. College Archives 2
- Coeducation 1
- Colby College -- History -- 19th Century -- Correspondence 1
- Education 1
- Education of women -- History 1
- Maine 1
- Maine -- In letters 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Military and War 1
- Newspaper clippings 1
- Newton Lower Falls (Mass.) 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Photographs 1
- Sigma Kappa Sorority -- Maine -- Waterville -- History 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Waterville (Me.) 1 + ∧ less
Special Collections & Archives (SC&A), located in Miller Library, is the college’s repository for historically and culturally -significant materials, including the college archives. Our fabulous materials range in date from the 12th to the 21st centuries and represent a wide range of formats. We fully support Colby’s academic program and innovative pedagogies through aspirational collection development, faculty and student engagement, teaching and exhibition.